Friday 10 June 2016

Prawn cutlets..

PRAWN CUTLETS

Prawn whose other name is shrimp is really  a tasty food. It is generally a seafood but fresh water ones are also available . It is very widely available but bit costly too. But the taste is overpowering the cost of the product . I love prawn and so do my family .

I went to fish market to bring prawn for lunch. I got variety of prawns. I purchased big one for gravy . But a small variety dragged my attention . I thought of why not purchase these prawns and make a cutlet out of these.

When I was a kid my mom used to say about a prawn cutlet dish (though she is pure vegetarian), which my granny used to cook for special occasions . I always fascinated by this dish and wanted to cook . When I saw small variety of prawns in the market I couldn't able to control my temptation for the dish .

I made this dish as per my granny's recipe after asking my mom. My granny is no more but she is always in my heart. This particular recipe and dish is dedicated to my sweetest granny. 

Small prawns -500 gms

Onion- 1 medium sized 

Garlic -3 to 4 cloves

Green chilli- 2 ( as per taste )

Salt to taste 

Haldi powder - 1 tsp

Red chilli powder -1/2 tsp

Garam masala - 3/4 tbsp

Poppy Seed - 2 tbsp

Besan- 2 tbsp

Rice flour - 3 to 4 tbsp

Oil for tawa frying 

Chopped coriander - 2 bsp

Peel and devein the prawns. Clean properly in running water and keep aside
 .
Peel and chop garlic and chop green chillies. In a grinder jar add cleaned prawns, garlic and chillies and make a smooth paste. Transfer it  to a mixing bowl .

Chop onion and add to the prawn mixture bowl. Add all the ingredients except oil. Mix properly . Keep aside for 15 minutes.

In the meantime heat oil in a tawa. Bring the rested mixture and apply oil or water on the palm and shape Cutlets. Shallow fry the Cutlets in tawa.

Serve hot with any chutney of your choice and sliced onion .






No comments:

Post a Comment